Monday, July 25, 2005

Family Reunion Invites?

Ephesians 4:1-16

I just got a reminder in a mail about my alumni reunion that will be coming up this fall. As I sit a think about going or not going, a lot crosses my mind. Who will be there that I would like to see. Who will be there that I would like to avoid? (Mullins just kidding).

Everyone that will be there has a connection, they either worked, attended or knows someone that has attended the school. It is the same as family reunion. Those that come to the reunion knows someone that belongs to the family.

Well I have been thinking a lot about a study to find out who would be allowed or not allowed to attend church reunion? I am talking generally about the universal church and not individual names but what does it take to be included into the family of God reunion. Who should we not allow to fellowship with us at the reunion.

As we take a look at Ephesians 4, Paul talks about unity in the body of Christ. How if we are born again we are one body and one spirit.

11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the evangelists, the pastors and teachers, [1] 12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ, 13 until we all attain to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to mature manhood, [2] to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ, 14 so that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.

If you have any comments, feel free to share but I think over the next couple blogs I will be looking at scripture to see who we should be fellowshipping with.


Have a great day.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Definetly not Cedarville or anyone Southern Baptist! They should nt be invited!

Just kidding, I am lookng forward to your thoughts! What are the biblical dividing lines?

John said...

Whoa!!!!!!!!!!! I don't agree with Dave said about Southern Baptist but strongly agree with what he said about Cedarville.
-John